If you are a cake fan, do try this one!
- 400g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 250g olive oil
- 300ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp orange zest
- 480g all purpose flour (do not sub for self raising, it wont work as well!)
- 2 baking powder sachets (40g)
- 70g or ½ cup dried cranberries
- ** large bundt cake mould, 3 Litres capacity
- In a stand mixer, beat the eggs with the sugar until white and fluffy. At this point preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. While the mixer is working add the olive oil little by little.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder together in a bowl. Lower the speed down to a slow-medium and add the flour mixture and orange juice in turns.
- Let it mix for an extra 5 minutes and towards the end add the zest and half of the cranberries. Grease a large (the largest in size) bundt cake mould with olive oil and add the mixture inside.
- Top it off with the remaining cranberries and bake for exactly 1 hour on 180 fan forced.
- Do not open the oven for any reason within this time period or your cake will lose its height and fluffiness! Let it cool for 20 minutes before removing it from the mould. Sprinkle with just a little icing sugar for decoration and serve!