- 3 carrots
- 3 small potatoes
- 3 leeks
- ½ medium sized sweet potato
- ½ cup of parsley
- 1 Tbsp vegetable spice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup legumes (frozen or fresh)
- 1 large red onion
- ¼ cup fresh cream
- 2 egg yolks
- Finely dice and slice your vegetables into small pieces. I did this by hand but you could use a vegetables slicer! In a large casserole, add your olive oil and vegetables then season with vegetable spice and a bit of pepper.
- Saute for 5 minutes. In the meantime, add 1.5L of water to boil and when it has boiled, add it to the vegetables then lower the heat down to 2, cover and let simmer for 25 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix your egg yolks with the cream using a whisk.
- Once your soup is ready, remove most of the broth into a large bowl with a ladle and using a hand mixer, blend the soup. It should have a creamy texture, that is why you remove the broth before hand. Better thick than runny! You can always add more broth if you have to!
- Add the remaining broth slowly into your egg & cream mixture and whisk continuously so that your egg doesn’t curdle. Pour it back into your vegetables and using a stand mixer, smoothen your soup to your liking! Add some fresh finely cut parsley, home made croutons and you are set!
- How to make the croutons? Simple! Cut as many pieces of toast bread you desire into small little cubes. Add extra virgin olive oil, dried oregano, basil, salt and garlic powder! The amount that you put is entirely up to you! The more you add, the more intense the flavour will be!
- Pop them in an oven on 200 degrees C for 5 minutes until crisp and your done!