Delicious beef fillets in the oven with cream, carrots and celery served with quinoa as a sider… Recipe will be up this afternoon!
- 700g beef fillet cut into thin slices
- 250ml cooking cream
- 1 glass of white wine
- salt and pepper to season
- 10 small carrots
- 10 celery sticks
- Olive Oil
- Season your meat. In a wide, large pan ( with a lid or you can use a wide casserole) add olive oil, just enough to cover the base, and fry your beef so that it seals all its juices. 2 min on each side.
- Remove and set aside on a plate. Do the same with your vegetables and set aside. Place everything back into the pan again and pour the wine. When it evaporates, lower the heat, add one cup of water and cover.
- Simmer until your meat is tender. You might need to add one more glass half way through. This food needs to have its juices by the end of its cooking time which is approximately an hour and a half.
- When its done, lay out in a deep oven tray along with all the juices. Pour cream on top and place in a preheated oven, at 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cream has acquired a golden colour!
- If you don’t want to add cream to this dish, you could serve your meat straight from the pan and add mix your vegetables and juices in a food processor, then pour it over your meat! It’s just as delicious! I served mine with some quinoa, you could use rice or any grain of your preference! Enjoy!