- 6 eggs
- 1 cup oil (preferably Olive Oil but any will do!)
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 sachet baking powder (3 tsp)
- 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 5 medium sized red apples
- Icing sugar & cinnamon for serving
- Beat eggs and sugar well with a mixer until it becomes fluffy and white. The more you beat, the better!
- Add the oil and mix for an extra minute. Next, sift your flour and baking powder into the batter and fold it in with a silicone spatula. Transfer it into a baking tray and set it aside.
- Peel your apples and slice into thin pieces. Place them in rows vertically so that the slices are “standing” and close to each other. Cover the whole surface of the batter and bake in a preheated fan forced oven on 175deg for 45 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, let it cool down on a rack outside the oven for at least 20 minutes, then add some icing sugar and cinnamon on top to serve! Ice cream is an excellent sider to this too!