Small, beautiful, bite size and above all impressive!
Ingredients Makes 6
- Prepare a bowl with the lemon juice and 2 cups of water. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper thin slices. Leave the peel so it will give the red colour to your roses. As soon as you cut them, place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon and water, so that they won’t turn brown!
- Microwave the apples in the bowl, for about 3 minutes, to make them slightly softer. If you prefer, you can also simmer the apple slices in the water in a small pan on your stove for 3-5 minutes on a medium temperature.
- Unwrap the puff pastry over a clean and lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough a little, trying to keep it in a rectangular shape. Cut the dough in 6 strips. They should be approximately 5 cm x 22 cm in size!
- In a bowl, place your strawberry jam with 2 teaspoons of boiling water so as to make it easier to spread. Spread the jam on the dough strip.
- Preheat your oven to 90 degrees celsius and drain your apples, dabbing them softly with a paper towel.
- Place the apples on the top half of the dough one slightly overlapping each other in a row. Fold up the bottom half of the dough so as to close them in a pocket, leaving the tips outside.
- Carefully roll, seal the edge, and place in a greased cupcake tray.
- Repeat the same process for all 6 roses. Bake at 190 degrees Celsius for about 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked. Sprinkle some icing sugar and cinnamon on top and serve!
- PLEASE NOTE: Make sure the pastry is fully cooked on the inside before removing the roses from the oven! If after 30 minutes the apples on top look fully cooked, move the pan to a lower rack in the oven, and wait for 10-15 more minutes to avoid undercooking the puff pastry.
I found this recipe from YouTube, here is the video link for this recipe!