Delicious braided chocolate bread! I’m pretty sure you have seen these all over the internet. Well so did I and I decided to try it! If your a chocolate lover, you will make one of these EVERY DAY! I found that by using the cinnamon rolls dough, the recipe worked better for me! This is the reason why I suggest using the following ingredients! I also believe that if you watch a youtube video on how to make this will help you understand the technique behind the braiding rather than read it step by step on here! It is much easier, trust me! I chose
- 450g of all purpose flour
- 1 and ½ sachets of active dry yeast
- 3 Tsp of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 180ml of warm milk
- 30g of butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs (1 for brushing the bread)
- 200g of chocolate spread
- Add your dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well. In your warm milk, whisk in the butter and slowly pour it into your dry mixture mixing as you go. Then, add the egg and mix quickly until combined well. It is crucial that your egg is at room temperature and your milk is not too hot so that the yeast activates correctly and so that your egg doesn’t curdle in your dough!
- Next, transfer your dough onto a lightly flowered bench and knead. If it is too sticky, add more flour gradually as you knead. Once it has formed, place it into a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rest covered by a towel for 15 minutes.
- Once the time has passed, divide your batter into 4 equal pieces. Roll out each piece into ½ cm thick circles. Once you have rolled one, spread a good amount of chocolate spread on top. Then roll out another and add it on top. Repeat the process until you have rolled out all four pieces.
- Place a plate on top and cut off the edges so that you create an even circle! To see how to braid, follow the link below:
***Before placing the bread in the oven, whisk an egg slightly and brush it over the top! Cook in a preheated oven on 200 degrees celsius for 15 minutes until golden on top!