- 1 large broccoli
- 500g pasta of your choice
- 200g cooking cream
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 50g pine-nuts
- grated parmesan cheese for serving
- Let’s begin with cleaning the broccoli! You need to clean it very well! What i like to do is cut it up into small pieces and then place it my sink filled with water and a good amount of vinegar. Then rinse it off thoroughly and place it in a strainer.
- Add 2L of water in a large pot and add 2 Tbsp of salt to it! (we always add salt to our water when boiling pasta) Once it has reached boiling point, add your pasta and cook according to the instructions on the packet.
- About ¾ of the way through, add your broccoli pieces. In the meantime, in a small pan, saute your pine-nuts until golden brown! Remove and set aside.
- Once the pasta has reached its cooking time, remove off the heat and strain. Run cold water over the broccoli pasta so that the broccoli retains its bright green colour. Add the olive oil to the pot and add the pasta & broccoli back in. Saute for a minute then add cream and the roasted pine-nuts. Serve with a generous amount of grated parmesan and enjoy hot!