- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 350g short grain whole wheat pasta
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Fill up a pot with water and add one Tbsp of salt. As soon as it boils, add the chicken. Boil for 15 minutes then remove the pieces and strain the broth into a clean pot. Set it aside.
- In a baking tray, add the semi-boiled chicken and add salt and pepper and brush each piece with butter. Bake on 180 degrees celsius on an air forced fan and bake for an extra 15 minutes.
- As the chicken is cooking, boil the pasta for exactly 5 minutes in clean water (not the broth!!!) Strain it and add it to the broth once it has reached a boiling point. Mix well, lower the heat and simmer until the pasta has almost absorbed all the broth.
- Add the butter and mix well. Add it to the tray with the chicken and mix gently one last time. Serve with grated cheese or Feta if you like or keep it simple with freshly ground pepper!