Sider: Quinoa with mixed veggies!
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable spice
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 250ml cooking cream
- 6 Tbsp quinoa
- 200g mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 tsp vegetable spice (for the quinoa)
- Olive Oil for cooking
- Season your drumsticks with vegetable spice and cumin. In a deep frying pan or pot, add some olive oil and on high heat fry your chicken for 5 min on each side until slightly golden.
- Remove from the pan and add your onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the chicken back to the pan along with the cream and lower your heat to 2 (on a scale of 1 – 9).
- Give it a good mix, close the lid and let it cook for at least 45 minutes! At the half way mark, open and mix again and turn over your chicken!
- For the quinoa, give it a good rinse under cold running water. Then add it to a hot pan. Sizzle it up for 2 minutes mixing continuously, lower the heat and add 2 cups of water.
- Cover and simmer until cooked. (approximately 30 minutes).
- Add in your frozen vegetables and another half a cup of water. Cook with the lid open on medium heat until all of the water has evaporated. Remove off the heat, season with vegetable spice and a Tbsp of olive oil and serve! Enjoy!