- 400g veal mince
- 400g pork mince
- 1 onion in the blender
- 2 Ts finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tomato grated
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 full Ts of arborio rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 big white cabbage
- Feta cheese for serving
For the sauce:
- 2 eggs
- Juice of one medium sized lemon
- 2 Tbsp cornflour diluted in half a glass of cold water
- Mix all of the ingredients for the filling (mince, onion, tomato, parsley, ½ cup olive oil and spices) and set aside in a bowl. In a large pot with boiling salted water, place your cabbage whole and remove the layers gradually.
- Simmer it towards the end so your water doesn’t evaporate. Spread them on a plate on top of each other. If the leaves are too large, cut them in half!
- Add 1 Tbsp filling in the centre of each leaf and roll up like a sausage sealing the sides as you roll.
- Add your cabbage rolls layered into a clean pot and pour another ½ cup of oil on top and then fill up with water until covered completely. Bring to the boil and lower the temperature, cover the pot and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove off the heat. In a small bowl, mix your eggs with lemon and extract the broth with a ladle and add it slowly to your egg mixture, beating continuously so your eggs don’t curdle!
- Add the cornflour mixture, mix well once again and transfer the sauce back into your pot. Shake your pot gently side to side so as to cover your rolls! They are ready to be eaten with a generous slab of Feta cheese!