- 50g fresh yeast
- 1kg flour (there are flours in the market specifically for bread)
- 1L of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- In a deep, wide bowl add 1 cup of lukewarm water and your yeast. Mix around fast so that it dissolves and to this add one cup from your flour, This should form a sticky, slightly runny dough.
- Cover with a warm blanket and set aside for 10 minutes so the yeast can activate and rise.
- Once it has risen, add the olive oil. your salt and sift in all of your flour. It is important that you add your water gradually as you knead your dough. 1L may not be enough but it also might be too little so keep kneading your dough until it doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- NOTE: Do not wet your hands in the process if it sticks, Dip your hands in some extra flour instead! Grease your baking trays with a generous amount of olive oil covering all sides! Separate your dough in half and place it in two bread loaf tins or one round and one bread loaf as I did!
- At this point, preheat your oven to 200 on air. When it is ready, place your trays inside and bake for 45 minutes to an hour! You can tell that it is ready once it has turned golden on top! Let it cool once it is ready then slice it up and enjoy!