You might have seen this idea on Pinterest or anywhere online…It is such a time saver, such a great idea!
- 1 1L jar (or any size capacity you like!)
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- A handful of pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 small cucumber
- 100g Feta cheese
- 5-6 mini whole wheat rusks
For the Dressing:
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of garlic powder (or a small garlic clove sliced finely)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, mix your dressing ingredients and place in the jar. Then, you need to wash and cut your vegetables and start layering. It’s good that you put your tomatoes in first as they are moist and dipping them in the dressing will not ruin their texture.
- Then you can stack the ingredients up as you like! As you can see I put cucumber, onion, olives, Feta and topped it off with the rusks!
- Seal the Jar tightly! This specific salad can be stored 4 days in your Fridge! You can prepare 3-4 Jars and have them ready for your lunch or dinner! Saves you so much time!
- To serve, all you need to do is shake the jar and transfer into a salad bowl! This is a great cooking activity for children too! Enjoy!