I decided to “schnitzel” up a chicken breast one night and had no idea what to eat it with…A salad? Some bread? What sauce should I dip it in? Then, I had an idea…Here it is! Pitta Bread with a Feta spread, greek salad topping and of course the chicken on top! You should try this one!
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vegetable spice
- ½ cup Olive Oil for frying
- 50g Feta cheese
- 100g Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices of tomato
- 1 small cucumber sliced lengthwise
- Season your chicken breast generously with your vegetable spice and set aside on a plate.
- Prepare 3 deep dishes. One with the flour, one with the eggs (beaten with a fork or whisk) and one with the breadcrumbs. This is the order in which you will “dip” your chicken to create your schnitzel!
- Make sure to dip both sides and once you have reached the last stage, have a clean platter ready to place your battered chicken.
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan and fry schnitzel until golden brown on each side! This should take about 5 minutes on each side on medium – high heat! Ensure you cook your chicken well! Once it is ready, make sure to place it on some sheets of paper towels to absorb any extra oil!
- Take your pitta bread and add salt, olive oil and some oregano to season. Heat up your grill on 200 and grill for 3 minutes on each side. While this is being done, mix your yogurt and Feta in a small bowl. Begin stacking your pita by adding the Feta spread, a sprinkle of paprika, tomato, cucumber (season if you like) and chicken on top! The combination of flavours is delicious!