For the base:
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 100g sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225g chilled unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
For the Filling:
- 300g sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (12g) lemon zest, from about 4 medium lemons
- 2/3 cup (160g) lemon juice, from about 4 medium lemons
- Icing sugar to serve
- Preheat your oven to 180 celsius and grease and line a 23x33cm baking pan with parchment paper
- Prepare the crust. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and by using a fork, mix in the butter until you get a crumbly dough.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and edges of the prepared baking pan using your fingers and back of a spoon. Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- While the base is cooling, prepare the filling. In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar for at least 15 minutes. Either by using an electric mixer, stand mixer or by hand. Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the prepared crust and bake for another 20 minutes until golden brown on top/
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature, sift over a decent amount of icing sugar and if possible refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Cut into slices and enjoy!