- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 2 cups full fat milk
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp butter (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a deep pot, combine the corn flour with the sugar and a pinch of salt. Add the milk and zest. Boil it on medium heat stirring well and continuously.
- Once it has reached a boiling point, remove it off the heat and add the lemon juice and the butter.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and to them add the hot mixture slowly stirring vigorously so as to not let the eggs curdle.
- Share into small bowls and set on the bench to cool before placing them in the fridge. You can use this recipe for a tart filling as well!