You can even use it as a dip for vegetables, over your meat, as a sider with rice… the choice is yours!
- 500g mushrooms
- 250ml cooking cream
- 1 Tbsp vegetable spice (or 1 Knorr cube)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon corn flour diluted in 1 shot glass of water
- Peel your mushrooms and dice up into very small pieces. Set them aside In a hot pan, add 5 Tablespoons of Olive oil and saute your onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and wait for them to release their juices! Saute for 5 minutes at least.
- Add the cooking cream, lower the heat to 3 ( on a scale of 1-9) place a lid on top and simmer for 20 minutes. Then, add the paprika and vegetable spice.
- At this point, your sauce will be quite watery so, set your heat to 9 and once it starts bubbling, turn in off and remove off the heat. Add the cornflour mixture and mix well. Your sauce is ready! Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and serve!
- You can change the consistency by adding more or less cornflour (always diluted in cold water before adding it) Hope you like it!