My first ever chocolate recipe for the blog! My cousin made this for my boys’ birthday party last year and I was in chocolate heaven!
- 2 packets of Oreo cookies
- 200g cream cheese
- 150g bitter baking chocolate
- 150g milk baking chocolate
- Colourful sprinkles
- Crush Oreos in a blender and poor into a bowl. Add cream cheese, and mix well with a fork. Place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Place a large pot on your stove with ½ L of water inside and bring to the boil. Place a smaller pot on top, place all the baking chocolate inside the small pot and lower the heat down to a simmer. This will melt the chocolate evenly and wont allow it to cook more than it should. It’s a process called Bain Marie!
- Remove your Oreo mixture from the fridge and start forming your truffles. At this point, I advise you wear single use kitchen gloves so that the chocolate doesn’t stick to your fingers! If you find that the chocolate sticks to the gloves, slightly wet them.
- Line a tray (that will fit into your fridge) with parchment paper. Take each ball and dip it inside the melted chocolate and with a teaspoon or 2 forks, remove and place on the tray. Drizzle with sprinkles and repeat this process until you have covered all of your truffles.
- Let them set in the fridge for another 30 minutes and they are done! ***Remove from the fridge 5 min before serving for the perfect texture! Crunchy hard chocolate on the outside and a delicious cream cheese Oreo melt on the inside.