The simplest and safest way to preserve your summer fruits and enjoy them throughout winter!
- Peaches ( 2 kilos approximately depending on size)
- 5 sterilised jars (1kg capacity each)
- Clean and sterilise your jars really well. You can do this by washing them well with soapy water and then placing them in a fan oven, upside down on some baking paper until they have dried completely.
- Peel your peaches and cut them into 6 slices each making sure you remove the dark flesh around the seed from every piece. Separate them into the jars and add 5 Tablespoons of sugar in each jar and fill them up with water leaving a couple of centimetres on top.
- Seal tightly. In a deep and wide pot, place a folded kitchen towel on the bottom and put your vases over the top. Ensure your vases are close to each other so that they don’t move around and break whilst boiling!
- Fill up with water until it covers the vases by at least an inch and boil for 15 minutes. Then, remove your jars carefully by using silicone tongs or with a thick rubber kitchen glove.
- Place them upside down on your kitchen counter and let them cool completely. Then, store them in a dark place (your pantry for example).
- Before you consume, it is preferable to leave them in the fridge for at least an hour so they are cool. Once you open the vase, it must be consumed within 5 days!