The prefect pork chops! I know its not the healthiest of choices but I just couldn’t resist.
- 2 pork chops
- freshly grounded oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 lemons (one for marinade, one for serving)
- Olive oil
- In order for your steaks to remain juicy whilst cooking, its a good idea to leave them in a marinade or brine for 30min up to 3 hours. What i did was squeeze one lemon, half a cup of water and ¼ cup olive oil placed my chops and covered them with glad wrap and left them in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Remove the chops from the marinade and pat them down with a paper towel. Add salt, pepper, a drizzle of olive oil plus a good amount of grounded oregano and heat up a non stick frying pan till its really hot.
- Place the pork chops inside and leave for 3 minutes on full heat. Do not be afraid to leave them the whole 3 minutes!
- Turn on the other side for another 2 minutes, then lower the heat down to a mid temperature and let simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Boost up the heat one last time and squeeze a whole lemon on top of your steaks then remove off the heat. Make sure to pour the juices left in the pan on top when you serve. Let them sit for 5 minutes before eating and enjooooy!!