Treat yourself and your other half to delicious red heart shaped pancakes this Valentines Day!
- 150 grams all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150g yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tsp red food colouring
- 2 tbsp milk
- raspberries tor strawberries to serve
- Whipped Cream
- Sift and Mmix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl add all the wet ingredients and mix them well before adding them to the dry mixture. Its as simple as that!
- Add one small ladleful to a hot anti stick pan that you have generously greased with butter. Remember to butter the pan after every pancake.
- Once the pancake has formed bubbles on top you will know that it is ready to flip over. I like to keep the temperature on medium so as to not burn or over brown my pancakes! For Valentines day i used a heart shape cut out just to fancy things up a little bit!