- 10 tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large onions cut coarsely
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place tomatoes, cut side up, onions and your garlic (slightly pressed open so it can release its juices) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with half of the olive oil.
- Roast until tomatoes are brown and tender. This should take about 1 hour.
- Add chicken stock into a pot and bring to the boil. Add your roasted tomatoes & onions with all of the juices. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer uncovered until soup thickens slightly, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use a stand mixer to process the soup to the level of thickness you prefer. I like my soup as smooth as I can make it, but you can process it so that it is slightly chunky! Stir in the basil (or you can add it fresh in each portion) and the rest of your olive oil and your soup is done! Delicious!
This recipe was made especially for the Foodify Fall Soup Challenge! Here are the rest of the entries: Delicious soups made with only 6 ingredients!