Spinach with rice! Rich in vitamin A and C and of course iron! This is a delectable and easy dish to make!
- 500grams of baby spinach leaves, cleaned thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons arborio rice
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon flour diluted in ¼ cup of water
- Lemon to serve
**You will need a deep saucepan
- In your saucepan, fry your onion with at least 5 tablespoons of olive oil until its cooked through. Keep the heat at its highest
- Add your paprika and stir it well.
- Add all your spinach into your saucepan and keep mixing. You will now see that from a full saucepan, theres just 2 inches of spinach left! Lower your heat down to 2 (on a scale of 1-9)
- Add your rice and one cup of water. Close with a lid and leave for 20min
- Mix your flour into cold water. When your remove the lid you will see that the spinach will have released its juices, so the flour mixture will help the ingredients to unify and form a nice texture!
- Serve with a fresh squeeze of lemon to your liking, and enjoy!