- 12 medium sized zucchinis
- 750g mince
- 1 onion in the blender
- 2 Ts finely chopped parsley
- 3 Ts finely chopped dill
- salt and pepper to season
- 3 full Ts of arborio rice
For the béchamel sauce:
- 1 cup of all purpose Flour
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 slab of Feta cheese. (approximately 100g)
- Clean your zucchinis well. Cut off one slice from one side carefully. Using a teaspoon (there is also a tool you can use to do this) empty out the zucchinis making sure you don’t make a hole and break through the other side. Keep half of what you have removed and add it to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Mix well and start filling your zucchinis with a small teaspoon. Don’t press too much into them so that they don’t break whilst cooking.
- In a deep pot, place the stuffed zucchinis carefully side by side and on top of each other if needed and cover with water. Drizzle one full tablespoon of salt over and boil on medium heat for an hour. Once they have cooked, place them in a pyrex dish and set aside.
- For the béchamel sauce, set aside the juices that have been left from cooking the zucchinis. In another pot add the butter and flour and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the juices and with a hand blender, mix well and on high heat until the flour has dissolved completely. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolk and the lemon. Add to the mixture and beat well with a whisk so that the egg doesn’t curdle.
- As soon as the béchamel has boiled, add the crumbled feta, mix slightly, remove it off the heat and poor it over the zucchinis. Make sure that the béchamel isn’t too thick because as it cools, it will get even thicker! Serve with freshly ground pepper! Enjoy!