A seasonal salad which will blow your tastebuds away, I’m sure!
*** The quantities of salad are just an approximate estimate. You can add more or less salad to your liking!
- 250g baby spinach
- 250g valeriana
- 50g pine-nuts
- 150g squash or pumpkin
- 100g sweet potato
- 4 tablespoons quinoa
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- balsamic vinegar paste
- salt to season
- In a small baking tray, add your squash and sweet potato which you have finely diced into small cubes. Pour the maple syrup on top and mix well. Cook in a 200°C oven for 15 minutes. Remove and set them aside to cool.
- Fill up a small pot with water and bring to the boil. Add your quinoa, lower the heat, cover it up and simmer for 20 minutes. Once it has cooked, strain it and add 1 tsp of vegetable spice to season.
- In a small pan, roast your pine-nuts until golden on each side. This will only take about 5 minutes. Set those also aside to cool. Making sure that you have cleaned your salad well, dry off the excess water and place it in your serving bowl.
- To this, add the quinoa, squash, sweet potato and pine-nuts. Then, add some balsamic vinegar (again, the quantity is up to you. Taste as you go!) and a drizzle of salt. Mix well and serve! This sweet and salty combination will blow you away!