An egg free version loaded with mascarpone and cream!
- 500g mascarpone (room temperature)
- 200g whipped cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cold espresso
- 1 shot glass kalhua (or any liqueur you prefer!)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- grated chocolate
- 2 packets of lady fingers (savoyard biscuits)
- First we make our coffee. Either by going to your local cafe and buying a top quality freddo espresso (like I did!) or by adding one tablespoon of espresso to one cup of boiling water. To this, add your liqueur and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add your cream and whip it until peaks form. This will take 5 minutes with a hand mixer. Add mascarpone, vanilla essence and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Pour your cold coffee into a deep plate in order to dip your lady fingers and set them in your tray( 20x30cm). Make sure you dip them quickly on each side and not soak them because they absorb moisture quite well! Form one layer and then add one layer of cream.
- Repeat with another layer of lady fingers and finish with a rich layer of cream. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and some grated chocolate and let it set in the fridge for at least 6 hours!