Whole Wheat Fusilli with fresh basil, tomato, chicken and garlic!
- 300g whole wheat fusilli
- 1 large skinless chicken breast
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 drops of Tabasco
- A small bunch, half a cup approximately, fresh finely chopped basil
- Olive Oil
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for serving
- In a small pot, boil your chicken breast until its cooked through. Strain the water and set aside.
- Fill up a pot with 2L of water, add one tablespoon of salt and bring to the boil. Add your fusilli and cook for 8 minutes. While your fusilli is being prepared,
- In a skillet, saute your finely diced onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons of Olive oil. Chop up your tomato and add with the basil and tabasco sauce. Cut your chicken into small cubes, add salt and pepper and lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the fusilli is done, strain it and add it to the sauce. (The tomato will have released all its juices) Mix well and serve hot with freshly grated parmesan! Enjoy!!!