- 3 cups of boiled, strained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup parsley (a small bunch)
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 4 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 onion
- flour for coating the falafel
- sunflower oil for frying
- In a blender, add the onion and parsley. Then add the chickpeas and the rest of the spices. If you see that the mixture is too thick, you can use a hand held blender to smooth it out. ( Keeping it chunky is always an idea though, tastes great!)
- Heat a pan with oil and shape your falafel. Flour generously and fry on high heat for at least 3 minutes until a crust has formed. Flip over with the help of 2 forks gently, and lower the heat slightly until golden on the other side.
- Repeat the process for the whole mixture. (makes about 20 small falafel)
- Serve with some yogurt, traditional pita bread and or hummus! Enjoy!