- 500g spaghetti
- 6 large cloves of garlic
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- finely diced parsley (3 Tbsp at leat, I chose less because my kids don’t eat it!!)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese to serve
- Boil your spaghetti in generously salted (at least 1 full Tbsp) water for 10 minutes. In that time prepare the sauce.
- To prepare this simple sauce, thinly slice the garlic with a sharp knife. Heat up your olive oil and add the garlic.
- Once it starts bubbling reduce the heat to low and let it infuse all its flavours into the oil. About 6 minutes into simmering raise the heat up to a medium high until the garlic is golden brown.
- Remove it off the heat completely and to the oil, add the parsley and pepper flakes.
- Strain your spaghetti and poor the sauce over it and mix well!
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese