- 1 medium skinless chicken cut into pieces
- 6 large white sweet potatoes (or normal potatoes)
- 1 large onion
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 200ml low fat cooking cream
- fresh, dried mint
- In a saucepan put the chicken with potatoes to boil in salted water. Make sure there is an inch of water covering them. After the chicken boils, remove it onto a platter, strain the stock into a clean pot then transfer it back and keep boiling the potatoes until soft.
- Finely dice the the onion and sauté till its translucent, lower the heat and let it simmer until soft. Then add the flour and stir well to combine. Add this directly to the pot and with a hand blender, mix until creamy.
- Turn the temperature to medium until the soup starts to boil and keep mixing until it thickens. If the result is too thick, gradually add water to dilute.
- Once this is done, pour the cream, mix and remove it off the heat. Debone half of the chicken and add it in small pieces to the soup. According to taste, serve with grated dry mint … this is the secret to the amazing flavour of the soup!