Once again, another amazing combination! I think that I can use lemon everywhere actually, I absolutely love it!
- 200g butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 200g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 65g (¾ cup) desiccated coconut
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 100ml (½ cup approximately) fresh lemon juice
- 60ml (¼ cup) milk
Cream cheese frosting:
- 50g butter, softened
- 200g cream cheese
- 400g icing sugar sifted
- Preheat oven to 170°C and grease a loaf pan with some melted butter making sure it covers all the surface. Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and lemon rind until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir the desiccated coconut into the egg mixture. Fold in the flour, lemon juice and milk, in alternating batches, until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake cake in oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, mix all ingredients together with a mixer and let it set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving with your cake! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!!