- 2kg monk fish
- 10 spring onions sliced finely
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced finely
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Clean your fish well and cut it into thick slices. Monk fish has quite a lot of flesh and not so many bones so its easy to cut fillets. If your like me though and have no clue about how to clean fish? Leave the job to your fishmonger!
- Season the fish with salt and pepper and rub the mustard evenly on all the pieces. Set aside.
- In a deep pot, heat up the olive oil and to that add the spring onions. Saute for 2 minutes and then add the garlic and paprika. Add the lemon juice and 100ml of water.
- Once it starts boiling, add the fish. Turn the fillets over a couple of times before lowering the heat and simmering, lid on, for 10 minutes. After that exact time has passed, remove it off the heat and leave it covered for an extra 5 minutes. Serve hot!