- 10 medium white mushrooms
- 1 medium red onion
- 6 Tablespoons arborio rice
- 500ml fresh chicken stock
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese to serve (and 2Tbsp for the risotto)
- Peel the mushrooms and cut them into thick pieces.
- Finely cut the onion and fry it in the olive oil on medium heat until its slightly cooked.
- Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes on high heat. Add the mushrooms, salt and pepper and stir & cook them until they have changed colour.
- Add 2 ladle spoons of chicken stock at a time with your heat set to 6 (on a scale of 1-9) When the rice has absorbed the stock, add another 2 ladles and repeat the process until the stock has finished and your rice has cooked. Make sure you are on top of your risotto at all times so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese and serve hot! Enjoy!!