Pancakes made healthier…but still absolutely decadent!
- 1 and ½ cup all purpose flour (you could use whole wheat too!)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 180grams plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix them together.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients well with an egg beater until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and gently mix until well combined. The batter should be thick but not dry. Allow it to sit for a few minutes while you warm your non stick skillet/frying pan!
- Add one teaspoon of butter and warm it over medium to low heat. Using a ladle, pour about ¼ cup batter for each pancake and wait until you see bubbles start to form on top before flipping. This should take roughly 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes on the opposite side. You might need to add butter every 2 pancakes so that they are easier to flip!
- Serve warm with fruit of your liking and a good heap of maple syrup or honey! After all, they are pancakes right? Indulge!!!