This is one of my kids’ favourite soups! Quick, easy, delicious, Pumpkin soup with bacon and cream on top!
- 500g cleaned cut pumpkin pieces
- 1 onion
- 2 leeks
- 3 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 celery
- 2 Maggi cubes (vegetable flavour)
- 3 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 15 strips of bacon
- heavy cream for topping
- Clean, chop and add all of your vegetables into 2L of boiling water to which you have added your Knorr cubes!
- While that is simmering on medium heat, fry your bacon until crisp and strain on many sheets of paper towels to absorb any excess oil!
- Once your soup is ready, remove most of the broth into a large bowl with a ladle and using a hand mixer, blend the soup. It should have a creamy texture, that is why you remove the broth before hand. Better thick than runny! You can always add more broth if you have to!
- Add the olive oil and mix well. Serve hot with crumbled bacon and swirls of heavy cream.