- 1 package phyllo pastry (thawed)
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp semolina
- 150g melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp clove
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- half a cup of icing sugar (for topping)
- Mix your pumpkin puree with the sugar, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and semolina and set aside. Grease a small baking tray (30×12) and add half a sheet of phyllo pastry. (When you thaw your phyllo and unfold it, you will need to halve it so that it fits nicely in your tray)
- Butter 6 halves and lay them on top of each other. In between each layer sprinkle some cinnamon and scatter some walnuts.
- Proceed with adding your filling and to finish, add another 5 buttered sheets of phyllo. I use a silicone brush to butter each sheet, it is very practical! Trim off the sides and fold in any remaining phyllo neatly onto your pie!
- Brush any remaining butter on top and bake in a preheated oven on 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes or once the phyllo had turned golden brown on top!
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes before sprinkling with icing sugar and serving! An absolute treat!