This was my sider for the absolutely delicious Pork Roast I made last week! Although you can also eat these vegetables separately, I strongly suggest you try the combination!
- 15 baby potatoes
- 6 carrots
- 100ml meat stock (or half a cube diluted in 100ml warm water)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 5 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 5 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Clean and cut the potatoes in the middle and slice your carrots either in rings or lengthwise as you preffer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil and teriyaki sauce. Poor it over the vegetables, add a generous amount of salt and let it marinate (covered with some plastic wrap) for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (air forced)
- Place the vegetables in a small but deep baking tray, cover with some aluminium foil and bake on high heat for 30min.
- Open one side and add the meat stock. Continue cooking on 150 degrees this time, still covered for 2 hours more.
- Once the time has passed, turn the oven back up to 200, uncover and remove when golden brown.
- If you like, you can make a delicious sauce out of the juices too! Just add 1 Tbsp corn flour to the juices in a small pot and mix on high heat. Add salt and pepper if needed and enjoy! ( I added the juices from the delicious Pork Roast I made! It’s a must to try these two together!