In memory of the victims lost in the deadly earthquake which struck the town of Amatrice, the birthplace of this recipe, I cooked it with all my love and prayed for the victims and all of those affected!
- 500g Bucatini pasta
- 300g homemade tomato sauce (chunky prefferably)
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- 200g pancetta (or bacon)
- Fresh basil leaves
- 200g pecorino cheese (or parmesan if the taste is too intense)
- Finely slice the pancetta or bacon into little cubes and fry in one tsp of olive oil. As soon as its golden, remove it out of the pan and add the onions to fry in the oil it has released.
- As soon as the onion is translucent, re add the bacon and then the garlic and pepper flakes. Add the wine. Once it has evaporated, add the tomato sauce and mix well.
- Lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes. In the time in needs to cook, boil your pasta in salted water.
- When your sauce is nice and thick, add some fresh basil finely chopped and 100g of cheese. Mix well.
- Strain the pasta and with some tongs, place it into the pan with the sauce and mix well. Add some more cheese on top and…. bon appetit!