Nutritious and Deeeee-licious Fish Soup!
- 1 kg fish (monkfish is ideal for soups)
- 4 carrots
- 2 pieces of celery
- 1 tomato without the seeds
- 3 potatoes
- 2 white onions
- 2 zucchinis
- salt & pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons arborio
- 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
Fish and vegetable dressing:
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Clean and boil your vegetables in about 3 litres of water for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the fish and once it starts boiling, remove any froth that forms if necessary.
- Add the olive oil and let it boil over low heat for an additional 15-20 minutes. Remove the fish and half of the vegetables and set aside. Puree whats left inside the pot with an immersion blender.
- Add the rice, season with salt and pepper and cook for another 15 minutes. Remove all the bones out of the fish, place it on a platter along with the vegetables and pour the oil and lemon dressing on top with some extra pepper!
- To make the egg sauce, beat your eggs and your lemon well with a whisk in a separate bowl and gradually add some broth from the soup. Make sure you mix continuously so that your egg doesn’t curdle!
- Place that mixture back into your soup and shake the pot around so that it mixes well with the rest of the soup! Enjoy warm and if you wish, add some fish and vegetables inside your soup or separately off the platter!