- Fresh calamari cut into slices/rings
- 1 can of soda
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Clean and wash your calamari well. ( I personally leave that job to my local fishmonger! I admit that I cannot do it on my own, it is a hassle!)
- The next tip that the fishmonger told me was to soak my calamari in soda so that they remain soft when frying! Just make sure to rinse them off well before you prepare them for the pan! Then strain them and pat them dry with some paper towels.
- In a plastic zip bag, add flour and your calamari. Sift the calamari to get rid of any excess flour
- In a deep pot add so much oil so as to cover the calamari and heat it up to the max! Add your calamari in batches and fry for 3-4 minutes…MAX! (No more, or else they will get stringy and hard!!!)
- Strain on some paper towels, season with salt and lemon and serve!