For the dough:
- 1kg all purpose flour
- 250ml olive oil
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 350ml lukewarm water
For the filling:
- Feta, lots of it
- Sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- Basil pesto sauce
- Place the dough hook on your stand mixer and add all the dry ingredients to its bowl. (If you don’t have a mixer, you can easily make the dough by hand by following the same steps)
- Mix the dry ingredients and then gradually add the wet. If your using a stand mixer, keep it on low at first and then until the dough comes together on medium speed. You know that your dough is ready when its elastic and its formed into a ball onto the hook. If your using your hands, make sure that all ingredients and incorporated well and it has that elastic feel.
- If your dough is sticky, add more flour. If its dry add more water. Always in small portions.
- Once your dough is ready, set it aside in a bowl and cover it with glad wrap. Let it rest for half an hour.
- Mix the Feta, sun-dried tomatoes that you have cut into small pieces and the basil pesto sauce. The quantities are up to you but make sure that the Feta is the main ingredient and stands out in taste.
- Take out your rolling pin and open up half of your dough thinly. With the help of a wide glass, cut out many circles. Take one circle and place 1 full teaspoon of filling in the middle. Take another circle of dough and open it slightly with your rolling pin and place it on top.
- Seal the edges round and round by using a small fork. Place each mini pie in a tray lined with baking paper and brush with some olive oil over the top.
- At this point, preheat your oven to 200deg celsius, air forced and fill up your tray with pies! Bake at 180deg for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top!
Good Luck, I would love feedback!