- 5 tomatoes
- 5 green bell peppers
- 500g beef mince
- 3 potatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp all spice
- 1 carrot
- fresh parsley (as much as you prefer)
- 1 large onion
- 10 Tbsp arborio rice
- 100g tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp homemade tomato sauce
- Feta to serve
- Dice your onion into small pieces and fry in plenty of olive oil. Add the mince and dissolve / break into small pieces. Add a glass of water and simmer in the pan for 10 minutes. While your mince is cooking, cut the tops of the tomatoes and the peppers and remove the inside with a teaspoon into two bowls. The tomato separate from the peppers.
- In a food processor add the tomato (with all the juices) inside, the parsley, and a carrot cut into small pieces and pulse.The juice from the tomatoes will be enough for the blender to mix them to a paste. Add this mixture plus a glass of water to your mince. Add the the rice. Mix well and let simmer again until the rice has cooked.
- Until the mince is ready, cut the potatoes, add oregano, plenty of olive oil, salt and 3 tablespoons tomato sauce and bake in the oven on a baking tray that you put aside for the stuffed peppers. For 15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius in an air forced fan. While the potatoes are baking, add salt and a pinch of sugar to all the tomatoes. Turn them over onto paper towels until they are ready to be filled. To the peppers add just a pinch of salt in each.
- Flavour your mince with the all spice, salt, pepper, tomato paste, a little sugar and taste for flavour!
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and with a spatula carefully push them onto one end of the baking tray. Fill the tomatoes and peppers. Close with the lids, drizzle with olive oil and add half a glass of water.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 180 degrees celsius on an air forced fan. This dish is best served lukewarm, even at room temperature I would say and that is why I suggest to let them cook for 20-minutes then serve with feta cheese!