This is a recipe I made for a greek portal for mommies here in Greece! I will however translate it for you because this is a dish worth trying!!!
For the Chicken:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs cut into quarters
- Olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons corn flour
- 3-4 cups of boiled, steamed rice
- Sesame seeds to garnish
For the Sauce:
- 6 Tablespoons of honey
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 3 Tablespoons sticky brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for the time being.
- In 3 separate bowls add the flour, the egg (slightly beaten) and the corn flour. In this order, crumb the chicken and set it aside on a clean plate.
- Cover the base of a pan with olive oil and fry the chicken pieces for 3-4 minutes on high heat on each side! If you have a small pan, add a few pieces at a time.
- Add all the pieces in the pan and pour the sauce over the top. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes! If you want a richer sauce just double the ingredients!!
- Serve on rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds then…INDULGE!