A delicious salad or light meal? How about a traditional Cretan Dakos! It is similar to an Italian bruschetta but….dare I say, tastier!
- One rusk (you will be able to find the traditional Cretan rusk at an international Deli or at a local supermarket if you live in Greece. The official name is“kritharokouloura”)
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 100grams of Feta Cheese
- Olive oil, salt and oregano
- a few whole capers (optional)
- Rusks need to be soaked slightly, so pass it under a running tap just enough to add moisture and set aside in a deep plate.
- Dice up your tomato into small cubes and set aside.
- Now, the success to a Dakos is to layer all the ingredients correctly.
- The steps are:
- Olive oil – salt – oregano – tomato. Repeat this 2 times and then to top off your plate, crumble the Feta on top with a sprinkle of oregano and you are done! This is so simple and healthy and so filling that it can even substitute a meal! Enjoy!