Passed down to me by a family friend called Litsa. Thank you for the recipe and the beautiful plate!
- 6-7 medium zucchinis
- 1 large onion finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic “ “
- 4 tomatoes finely diced
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- ½ cup arborio rice
- 4 tbsp fresh finely cut dill
- salt&pepper to season
- 1 knorr cube
- In a deep pan add some extra virgin olive oil and saute the onions for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and saute for an extra minute. Then, add the tomato, the paste and the knorr.
- Add one pinch of sugar and add salt. Lower the heat and simmer.
- Cut the zucchinis into small cubes and add to the simmering sauce. After 10 minutes add the rice and one cup of water and turn the heat up to medium towards high. Usually for one cup of rice the water equals to 2 cups so that it cooks well but you should check for yourself too whilst cooking just incase it needs more!
- Add the dill and mint, mix well and let cook for an extra 10 minutes. Taste for salt, add some freshly ground pepper and serve hot!