- 400g finely chopped pumpkin
- 2 large leeks (white part only) chopped finely
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup full fat milk or cream
- 100g grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to180°C (fan forced)
- Grease a 12-hole muffin pan with oil or butter and set aside. Add your olive oil to a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Add your leek first to frying pan and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened. Then add the pumpkin and saute for an extra 2 minutes. Add ½ cup water, cover the pan and steam for 10 minutes until your vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and milk and season with black pepper.
- Remove pumpkin mixture from heat and stir through your parmesan cheese.
- Spoon the pumpkin mixture evenly into the 12 holes of the muffin pan. Carefully pour over egg mixture to almost fill muffin holes and bake for 25 minutes, or until firm and golden. Make sure you cool them in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them over on a wire rack.