Such a simple but delicious dish!
- 6 eggplants
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh parsley (a small bunch)
- salt to season
- 1 cup fresh tomato sauce (homemade or canned)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- We begin by cutting our eggplants into large pieces. Imagine cutting one eggplant into 8. Add them into a bowl with 2 tablespoons of salt and water just enough to cover them. You can add a plate on top so that they are fully submerged. Leave them for about 20 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees on a flat tray with a drizzle of olive oil.
- In a pot, saute your onion. garlic and parsley. Add your tomato sauce and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove your eggplants and transfer them into a round deep dish so that they are closer together. Pour tomato mixture on top and cook for an extra 10 minutes on 200 degrees.
- Once your food is ready, you can serve with a nice slab of Feta or even crumble it on top so that it melts on your hot food! Enjoy!