Crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside!
- 500g all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground oregano
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packets of dry yeast (16g total)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 100g Kalamata olives (pitted and sliced)
- Sift your flour in to a large bowl and to to that add the salt, sugar, oregano, yeast, olive oil and olives! Mix well and gradually add the water to your mixture. You might need a little less or more thats why you have to add it slowly!
- Knead the dough until it is smooth on the outside, springs back when pressed on with your fingers and is no longer sticky. You can do this in the bowl or on a lightly floured bench!
- Then, transfer your dough into a bowl which has been lightly sprayed with olive oil. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour.
- One your dough has risen, you can either separate it into small balls the size of your palm, and place them on a tray lined with parchment paper or you can separate it into cupcake moulds! Whichever way works well with you!
- For extra colour on top, you can choose to apply some milk, cream or a beaten egg mixture! Bake in a preheated oven on 180deg Celsius for 25-30 minutes or until golden on top! I would definitely suggest serving these warm with butter!