A delicious steak marinated in thyme, garlic, lemon and wine!
- 4 beef steaks with bone
- 2 cloves of garlic cut finely
- juice of one lemon
- half a cup of dry white wine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Thyme (i used dry, but u can use 3 fresh branches)
For the puree:
- 5 potatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 2 tablespoons greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter/margarine
- 2 Ts milk
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well. Rinse off your steaks and place them in the marinate ensuring that its submerged and covered by the ingredients. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes or even overnight for your steaks to become more tender.
- Peel and clean your potatoes and carrot and boil until a fork can pinch through. Approximately 45 minutes! Strain and set aside.
- Turn on your ovens grill to the highest temperature and preheat for 5 minutes. (or course if you have a barbecue I highly suggest cooking them there!!) Add your steaks and cook for 5 minutes on each side! Ensure you place a tray with water underneath!
- Make your puree! Add yogurt, butter and milk and with a stand mixer, blend to your desired texture! I prefer mine smooth! Enjoy!